RE: TR3A Flasher Lamp Assembly

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A Flasher Lamp Assembly
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 19:41:04 -0700
> You can't get
> the glass out without first removing the chrome ring but once the chrome ring
> is out the glass comes out rather easily.  The chrome ring "locks" the glass
> into place.  To say that the chrome is only for looks is to suggest that one
> could omit it.  I would not advise that.

Yeah, OK, the chrome ring helps hold the glass.  But I drove many months without
one of the rings, on what pass for roads in Los Angeles (some of the worst
highways in the nation) and never lost a lens.  I still say the lens should be
primarily held by the rubber; the chrome ring is, at best, a backup.

Randall