TR3A fuel pump

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3A fuel pump
From: "Richard Alexander" <RALEXANDER@smail.umaryland.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 18:21:03 -0400
The mechanical fuel pump has finally given up. I recall previous posts about
different electric fuel pumps that can be placed in the fuel line and
specifically the need to remove the mechanical pump and cap off the opening
into the camshaft housing. Can you give me some advice as to which pump is
best for this purpose without it costing $300? How about a fuel line filter in
front of the pump? Somehow the beautiful chrome thing that Moss lists for $40
just seems a bit much to me. My old Chevy had a simple aluminum housing with
element in-line fuel filter that took great care of a Holley carburator for
many years and couldn't have cost more than $5. Any suggestions for connecting
to the wiring harness to turn on the pump when ignition is on? Anyone know of
a source of a cap piece to close off the opening? I guess cutting one out of a
piece of 1/4" aluminum stock and drilling two holes would not be that tough
but if someone has done this I would appreciate knowing. Thanks for the help.
With warm weather can't wait to get back on the road...
Rich
58 TR3A TS26412L