Re: more TR6 brake issues

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: more TR6 brake issues
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:50:09 -0700
> Well no, but then I've had a lot of old cars and never seen a brake  line
> rust out with ANY kind of fluid.

I don't know about rusting in or out but I have found myself brakeless
three times because of a rust through pin hole.  All that mattered to me
at the time was the fact that I was going down hill without brakes.  Why
did it ALWAYS have to happen on a hill??

TeriAnn
  First time 1955 Ford in 1968
  Second and third times 1960 Land Rover in early 1980's

This taught me that if one steel line rusts through replace them all and
not just the one that rusted through.