Re: more TR6 brake issues

To: "Triumphs Digest (triumphs-digest@autox.team.net)"
Subject: Re: more TR6 brake issues
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 07:29:35 -0400
Hi Dave,

I don't pay any attention to my modern cars, but it sure looks to me as if the
brake and clutch MC
on my TR6 are vented as is the brake MC on my MGB. It's not so clear about the
MGB clutch MC.

But even if the system is not vented, there is still air in the MC, and I think
everyone is saying
that there is sufficient moisture in the system from whatever source(s) to
saturate the DOT 3/4 thus
leaving droplets of water in the system and thus rusting the brake system
components.

So I think my question stands. If we are driving around with the DOT 3/4 in our
brake systems
saturated with moisture, why be concerned about a can of brake fluid that was
opened for a few
seconds and then resealed?

Sells more brake fluid if they convince us to throw out the reminder of the
opened can? :-)

Don Malling