Re: more TR6 brake issues

To: BearTranserv@aol.com, tr3driver@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: more TR6 brake issues
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 07:37:19 EDT
In a message dated 6/22/2005 10:14:29 PM Central Standard Time,
BearTranserv@aol.com writes:
> Well no, but then I've had a lot of old cars and never seen a brake  line
> rust out with ANY kind of fluid.
>
> I use Castrol LMA with no complaints but maybe when I put the TR4 back on
> the road I'll try the silly cone stuff...but only because you say I  should.

The brake lines on the rear axle of my TR3 rusted out.  But from the outside.
 I don't think any kind of fluid will prevent this.  Except, perhaps, the
ever present engine, transmission and differential oil, but it didn't work on
this 48 year old car.

Dave