RE: TR4A Wiper Motor

To: <CEBushnell@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4A Wiper Motor
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 09:49:15 -0700
>        I had been told by a restorer/National Judge of Triumphs that the
> two-speed wiper motor which was originally in my car was "not correct" and
> that it
> should be a single-speed. The Moss UK catalogue says it should be a Model
> DR3, two-speed.  I've also been told that the two-speed is right but the Model
> #
> would have been DR3A, not the DR3 model as per Mossb&..could someone possibly
> help me out as to what the correct speed, model# and if  possible Lucas Part#
> should be on a 4A wiper motor?

My 1967 Lucas catalog lists only a DR3A, Lucas P/N 75568A, which I assume is a
2-speed wiper.  Bill Piggott agrees that the 2-speed DR3A was standard on TR4A,
optional on TR4.

> Also, how many leads out would a two-speed have?

I believe there are 3 leads, and the case serves as ground.  Could be wrong
about that, though, the ground might be a separate lead (making 4).

Randall