Two TR Brake ?'s - Dust & Pressure

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Two TR Brake ?'s - Dust & Pressure
From: "Dean Mericas" <dmericas@limno.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 19:28:57 -0400
FWIW, I have had this exact same problem pop up when I recently switched to
DOT5 silicone fluif.  I've tone down the MC twice, and confirmed that it
works as I think it should on the bench, and pulled the guts out of the
residual pressure valve.  The problem is reduced, but still there.

I'm now convinced that this is the result of different fluif properties, as
was suggested by another lister.  Odd that this doesn't show up on all of
the web pages discussing the pros and cons of DOT5.

Dean Mericas
Ann Arbor, MI
1965 TR4
1974 2000 GTV