Re: I was just wondering...

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: I was just wondering...
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 07:51:13 -0600
Dave Connitt wrote:

>It occurred to me that the engine compartment on the restored TR4A's I have
>seen have either been painted flat black or the color of the car.
>Which is correct, flat black or colored? I am leaning towards painting my
>engine compartment the color of the body.
>Flat black would be good to keep the cleaning to a minimum I guess.. I don't
>know.

My TR4 is an original black car with a black engine compartment. Next
time I paint the car, I'm planning to paint the engine compartment
signal red so I can see the grease more easily when cleaning up.

Steven "just kidding, I don't actually clean the engine compartment" Newell
Littleton, CO USA
'62 TR4 x 2