Re: Engine diagnostocs help (tr4)

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine diagnostocs help (tr4)
From: "Tom Boggiano" <boggiano@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 20:18:00 -0400
Update and more questions

If you remember I ran a compression check on the engine the results came
out: 115   30   155  0
Well the valves were way out of adjustment and that is now rectified. I can
measure compression "dry" at 130- 115 - 120 - 120. so that makes me feel a
little more positive.

In the checking of all the engine components I find that there is some play
in the fan hub, I can turn it not all that much but lets guess without
measurement about 5 deg. Is this excessive play in the crank shaft that I am
seeing. I still hear rattling/knocking noise from the front of the engine at
low rpm,
almost a clicking noise but not at the same level that I was when the valve
lash was mal adjusted.

any thoughts

Thanks
Tom