Re: Clutch Thoughts

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch Thoughts
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 07:10:39 -0600
Steve TR6 wrote:

>  Then it occurred to me (and you might want to do this) to check the clevis
>pins that connect the pedal to the master and also at the linkage to the
>slave cylinder. Mine had deep grooves in them which was using up that
>precious 'throw'. Replacing them helped, but not enough.

Randall mentioned the other day that "There are about a zillion little
maintenance items in there that are frequently overlooked." This is one
of them. The clevis pins that connect the pedals to the clutch and brake
master cylinder pushrods should be on your lubrication schedule. BTDT.

Steven Newell
Littleton, CO USA
'62 TR4 x 2