re: Clutch Thoughts

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Clutch Thoughts
From: "Alvin Watkins" <Krssamw@omh.state.ny.us>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 09:48:23 -0400
Been there and done that. Stop driving TR and replace/rebuild master and
slave cyls. Immediately

The clutch MC has had a small leak which has necessitated topping off
of the fluid, probably about a half inch low about once a season(4
months). There is evidence of paint being removed in the footwell under

the clutch indicating a leak at some point. There is some, but not a
lot of fluid on the end of the clutch MC rod. The fluid in the clutch
MC is cloudy. I have a clutch MC rebuild kit and new slave cylinder on

order. I dont necessarily expect these repairs to fix the problem but I

have no idea of the age of these parts and would feel more comfortable

if they were attended to. Not to mention that if those components are
repaired then they can be eliminated as a source of the problem or
contributing to the problem.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This e-mail is meant only for the use of the intended
recipient.  It may contain confidential information which is legally
privileged or otherwise protected by law.  If you received this e-mail
in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, you
are strictly prohibited from reviewing, using, disseminating,
distributing or copying the e-mail.  PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY OF THE
ERROR BY RETURN E-MAIL AND DELETE THIS MESSAGE FROM YOUR SYSTEM.  Thank
you for your cooperation.