RE: Triumphest 2005 News Update

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Triumphest 2005 News Update
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 23:06:22 -0700
> Having done LOTS of AutoXs including STREET Events, as a guess I would
> suggest:
>
> INSURANCE is MAJOR consideration!!!!

I'm fairly certain that's not the issue ... the autox would be covered by the
same insurance (through VTR) that covers the rest of the event.

My guess is, finding a suitable race venue, close enough and available at the
right time, was the major blockade.  They couldn't get Qualcomm stadium last
time; and I'll bet there was some last-minute hitch this time (like maybe the
SCCA folk want to set up their course the day before their autox).  And given
the event location on Shelter Island, there just aren't a lot of other choices
within a reasonable distance.

Or it might just be that the folks who run Qualcomm stadium want too much money.
That little problem seems to be killing a lot of other British car events here
in SoCA.

Randall