RE: Triumphest 2005 News Update

To: "'Just Brits'" <justbrits@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: Triumphest 2005 News Update
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 15:27:05 -0700
Ed,
For what it's worth (probably nothing to most), I am not at all
impressed with what the host club has done.

They were soundly criticized for not holding an autocross last time they
hosted Triumphest (2000).  Yet when it came their turn, they again did
the same thing.

Again came the criticism and in some cases (mine included), people let
it be know that they would not attend because of that issue.

They came back with a notice that they reconsidered and would in fact
have an event on the Friday of the event at Qualcomm stadium.  No
mention of SCCA, insurance or anything.

Not being a vindictive person, I changed my mind and sent in my
registration fee and reserved a room in spite of the high fuel prices
this year.

But then after they received my registration, they changed their mind
again and dropped the autocross, substituting an existing event that had
been scheduled for several months by the SCCA and promoting it as "an
opportunity to Run with the Big Boys", instead of the reality that they
were washing their hands of the entire event.

Bad Move guys.  It has soured me from the whole event and if I could get
my money back, I would pass on this and all other events hosted by this
club that has no interest in Autocross.

Regards,
Joe Curry