Re: Gearbox oil change.

To: JohnWise@alumni.pitt.edu, wsteinman@pogolaw.com, triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Gearbox oil change.
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 18:06:22 EDT
In a message dated 9/16/2005 3:16:01 PM Central Standard Time,
JohnWise@alumni.pitt.edu writes:
> The following URL provides my description of how I refill the tranny
> on my TR3 &with a slight mod (where I hang the funnel) how I do it
> for my 911.  For the 911  I hang the funnel from a step of a folding
> ladder standing next to the car.
> http://members.cox.net/60tr3a/TrannyReFill.html

Does your TR3 have the dipstick?  TR2's and early TR3's had a dipstick and a
fill port on the top of the transmission and a rubber plug in the transmission
tunnel.  At some point that was dropped for the side fill port that was used
through the end of TR6 production.  Having the top fill port and the hole in
the transmission tunnel makes hanging a funnel a viable option.  Without it you
could snake a line from the transmission under the car and up to a funnel
mounted above the fill line but that much hose would be tediously slow.

Dave