RE: Gearbox oil change.

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Gearbox oil change.
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 15:31:19 -0700
> I broke my eight point socket trying to remove the plug on my
> TR6.  Annoyed
> me greatly as it was one of the few tools I inherited from my grandfather.

That would annoy me, too!

However, the socket I got from Sears has taken all the abuse I've been able
to throw at it, including beating on the head of the breaker bar while I was
turning it.  The fill plug on the Stag was already rounded and unholy tight
when I got the car, so I wound up jamming a pry bar between the head of the
breaker bar and the transmission tunnel to hold the socket on the plug.

And of course replaced the plug afterwards with a hardened hex socket plug.

Randall