Re: Auto Paints

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Auto Paints
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 16:39:22 -0400
On 17 Sep 2005 at 14:37, Just Brits wrote:

> Fot YEARS, ambulances, rescue vehicles & some fire appartus where
> painted with it.  Only Emron was better.

I don't know paints but I recognize the name Emron, which I remember
spelled as Imron.  It was, perhaps still is, used on high-end
bicycles.  It needed to be baked to achieve its supposedly great
properties.  Maybe Emron and Imron are different, but if not I would
wonder how it was baked onto rescue vehicle bodies.  It was also (so
I heard) toxic or environmentally unfriendly.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@rcn.com