Re: Anti-Rust Inside of Chassis

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Anti-Rust Inside of Chassis
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 14:40:30 -0600
Bill McCabe wrote to Guy:

>If you're concerned about the price, you can mix your own by dissolving 1lb of
>canning (not candle) paraffin in a gallon of kerosene and spraying with that.
>I've also heard recommended 1 part paraffin, 1 part linseed oil, 2 parts
>mineral
>spirits.

Linseed oil is used to treat the raw willow to make cricket bats, so it
has good British heritage for your car. And cold-pressed linseed oil
(flaxseed oil) is high in omega-3 fatty acids, so your car will be
healthier too. I came across a warning that rags soaked in linseed oil
can self-ignite in confined spaces, which sounds less good. Indeed
dispose of any rags carefully if you use it on your car.

Steven 'human wikipedia' Newell
Littleton, CO USA
'62 TR4 x 2 etc.