Auto Paints

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Auto Paints
From: "shrack04@netzero.net" <shrack04@netzero.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 20:59:29 GMT
My car was painted and then re-painted with PPG "Concept" Acrylic Urethane
Color-Single Stage.  Seems to be good paint, BUT, PPG has a couple of sheets of
samples of their reds.  Must be about 60 different shades of red.  We picked
the one we wanted and when painted, it wasn't even close.  It was more orange
than red the first time and when we called PPG, they said, their samples were
Ink, not Paint and only to show what it "might" look like.  I told them they
only needed one color sample of red, because what we had didn't match any of
the 60 shades.  They came out and looked at the color, paid my painter to scuff
and re-shoot, and gave me 1 and 3/4 gallons of red that was suppose to match
the sample that we picked.  It's not the same shade, but alot closer than the
orange of the first time.  I suggest you shoot a sample ~before~ you shoot the
whole tub.  Kent Shrack