TR3 doors

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 doors
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 08:02:19 EDT
Folks, what is the difference between TR3 doors and TR3A doors.

The reason I am asking is because I am starting a tear down of my 57 TR3 and
I found that I have TR3A doors with the hole for the outside handle bondo'd
over.  I knew I had the wrong latches (or at lease was missing the protruding
bits for the release cable attachment) but I come to find out that they are the
wrong latches altogether.  And now I find they are the wrong doors.

BTW, the guy who "restored" this car is notorious for taking shortcuts.  I
knew that going in but figured I at least had solid sheetmetal.  And I do.
These doors are VERY clean.

Thanks in advance

Dave Massey
57 TR3