RE: TR6 front suspension on TR3

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>, "Woods, Ed"
Subject: RE: TR6 front suspension on TR3
From: emanteno@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 18:03:17 +0000
-------------- Original message from Randall--------------
> Or you could use TR4 trunnions with the TR3 lower A-arms, and only change
> the upper A-arms & ball joint. If you do use the TR4A-TR6 style trunnions,
> you'll need to either change the vertical links or drill yours for the zerk
> fitting (unlike the TR2-4 trunnions, the later ones have no fitting on the
> trunnion).
There's another difference here to. The early vertical links are the same on
both sides, the 4a-6 links are left and eight side.
> Another alternative to cutting and welding the upper arms is to build a
> bracket to go between the upper pivot and it's mounting to the shock tower.
This was done on my TR4. An "L" shaped bracket mounts where the fulcrum pin
was, and the fulcrum pin, rotated 90 degrees, is on the vertical portion of the
bracket. This allows the use of shims to adjust the front camber.
Irv