Re: TR6 front suspension on TR3

To: Ed.Woods@gen-world.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 front suspension on TR3
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 14:11:28 EDT
In a message dated 9/21/2005 10:50:05 AM Central Standard Time,
Ed.Woods@gen-world.com writes:
> Has anyone done this? What are the benefits? Is the TR3 frame modified to
> fit
> the TR6 lower wishbone arms or are the TR6 arms modified to fit the TR3
> frame?
> Is it a permanent modification or can the car be returned to the original
> configuration easily.

Nothing is permanent for a man with a welder.  'Cause that is what it will
take.  The pivot points on the TR3 and TR4 are welded in.  The pivots on the 4A
through 6 bolt on to brackets that are welded on.

At least this is what I think you meant since the only benefit I can see is
camber and caster adjustability.

Dave