Re: TR3A engine rebuild

To: tr3driver@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A engine rebuild
From: Popnglo@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 19:39:47 EDT
In a message dated 10/3/05 6:20:54 PM Central Daylight Time,
tr3driver@comcast.net writes:
Guess it depends on your definition of "better" ... my preference would be
to rebuild my engine rather than start over with someone else's problems.
But I might consider dropping in a "loaner" so I could drive the car and
take my time doing the rebuild ... so far my "loaner" has been in the car
for about 15 years now ... <G>
I would consider this scenario "better". Any one have a spare engine that
meets this "loaner" criteria. I would be willing to put it back in the
collective
pool after I've rebuilt my engine.

Seriously, anyone looking to part with a decent block, ie: less the head,
rocker assembly, carbs and other hang ons? I suspect that my engine has a quite
worn crank and cam, the piston and liners are (?original?) AE 83mm, also worn,
as well as rods, lifters. It was running well (with somewhat low oil pressure)
until a recent 4-5K rev sent something spinning. I drove it for a few weeks
afterwards, but now, well I believe a bearing is over heating.

Ed

===     http://www.vtr.org