throttle shaft bushings

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: throttle shaft bushings
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 21:29:14 -0400
Hello,
I have some new (TRF) Carb throttle shaft bushings in the freezer and I've
been told that is the easy way to get them in.  However, upon looking at the
old one's- I can't say for sure that they need replacing.  Can someone
comment to that?  I bought an abandoned project and I don't know what's
acceptable.
    I've been told 'to knock the old ones out carefully and just insert the
frozen ones.  They will expand at room temp.'
Thanks,
Paul (never driven a Triumph) Dorsey
60 TR3A

===     http://www.vtr.org