Re: TR4 Woes (continued)

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 Woes (continued)
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 15:59:19 -0700
Tim I. Purdy wrote:

>My '64 is being a real pain.

When I hear of a problem with starting or running that comes on with
heat I always think first of condenser & coil.  It is possible to test
the condensor but difficult to diagnose a fault that is only
heat-induced... but everyone should carry a known good spare anyway so
fit a new one and see if that was it.  Coils can also be tested but the
"need a spare anyway, try the other one" method may apply here too.

Also check the little White/Black wire from the coil to the dizzy, with
it off the connections and an ohmeter on each end wiggle it about an see
if continuity is at all intermittent.

Geo Hahn