Re: Strange Car Stereo Problem

To: tr4driver@gmail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Strange Car Stereo Problem
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 19:33:21 EDT
In a message dated 10/6/05 7:11:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tr4driver@gmail.com writes:

<<  I didn't run the constant power supply line
 directly from the positive battery terminal, but instead ran it from the A1
 terminal on the voltage control box. >>

You might be getting electrical noise from this connection or even large
voltage spikes as the regulator cycles.  It would be a good idea to move the
constant power to a source farther away.

Also check the cranking voltage of the battery.   I've worked on cars that
cranked pretty strong but voltage dipped enough to allow clocks and radios to
loose their memory.  This was caused by a shorted cell allowing the battery to
produce high current at a reduced voltage Vs a weak cell allowing the battery
to produce proper voltage ( unloaded ) and limited current.

Harold

===     http://www.vtr.org