scam alert - I Think!

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: scam alert - I Think!
From: Dennis Reese <dennis_reese@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 17:11:09 -0700
As some of you are aware, I have advertised my disassembled TR4 for
sale. Today I received two offers to buy from the UK. In both cases
they stated they were acting as agents and the buyer would send a
check to me for more than my asking price and I in turn would send
the difference back as that would be the agent's profit and the
shipping charges. Sounds pretty fishy - like many other "cashback
fraud" schemes. What follows is the text of both offers:

Hello ,
Thanks for the explaination.I have contacted my customer who wants to
buy the item about your response,he is very interested in it. He told
me before making the enquiry that the only way of paying you is going
to be with a cheque as that is what he use in paying anything he buys
and please accept a cheque .The Item will be pick up after your bank
says the cheque is okay and has cleared into your account .. Let me
have your co-ordinates in which he will send the cheque to you below:

NAME,ADDRESS in Full,PHONE NUMBER(LAND AND MOBILE).

Payment for the item will be made immediately so i have given him my
own price for selling to him because i am serving as an
(Agent,Middleman or Broker).Have added my own profit to your own
asking price and he is ready to send payment immediately.Any amount
that is above your asking price on the cheque will be sent back to me
as it is my commission and freightment fee.I want you to know that
any profit i make from this transaction is how i use to earn a
leaving and consider it sold.. .. Get back to me with the
informations above so that the cheque will be send to you.

Sincerely,
Ron Gagnie.
197-199 Toothing higt str.
sw 170sz London
England.
<javascript:parent.ComposeTo('swappyxxx@aol.com');>swappyxxx@aol.com
+447031847772

HELLO.
              Thanks for the response .i have contacted my client he
saidhe's ok with the price and he will issue to you a cheque
of{$5000}after you send the following info.I now know i am dealing
with a Honest and Careful person.i just want to inform you that the
cheque will be send by my client . he has gone  for a Business deal
and from there
he will issued and send the cheque to you. The Shipping firm would be
coming with a shipping Contract for you to sign before they would
pick the Car from you.Moreso i would want you to put in place all
Documents to enhnace Good pick-up of the Car.your info.
Name-------------
Address------------
TelephoneCell,Home and office--------
The money is for to you deduct your money and send the balance to the
shipper when the cheque clears in your bank for 3-5 days or you go
your nearest cashing points to cash the money so that the shipping
company can come for the pick-up the same day you received the
cheque.My client
said he's ready to pay an offer {$1800} .one thing that i want you to
understand is that you will let the cheque clear before starting
another step . what you need is to take the cheque to your bank and
clear . mail me back if you are ok with my mail  , i will like to
hear good from you asap .thanks
YOUR BEST REGARD

===     http://www.vtr.org