RE: Strange Car Stereo Problem

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Strange Car Stereo Problem
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 18:11:42 -0700
> The constant power supply seems to be the culprit, since I've
> confirmed that the switched power supply does indeed cut out when the
> ignition is turned off.

Doesn't necessarily follow, since it might be a spike on the switched line that
is "crashing" the stereo.

> Any ideas or suggestions?

Any decent car audio place should be able to sell you an "in-line" noise filter
to put in the power lead.  I'd try it first in the unswitched power, then in the
switched.  A sizeable capacitor on the switched lead may help too.

Radio Shack used to carry noise filters, but I couldn't find any on their web
site.  Here's one from JCW :
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Search?catalogId=10101&sku=ZX813768A

If that link doesn't work, go to
www.jcwhitney.com