RE: TR6: rear tube shock conversion question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6: rear tube shock conversion question
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 17:48:21 -0700
> I've heard the same comment before (I think
> in a TRF publication) about concerns of the stress on the mounting
> points with this type of conversion, but I don't understand why it
> would cause any additional stress.   This type of bracket mounts to
> exactly the same mounting points as the original lever shocks.  Why
> would that create additional stress to the mounting point?

Although I've not examined the kit, I can think of two reasons.

First would be if the attachment point of the tube shock is farther away from
the mount than where the link used to attach to the lever ... which it almost
has to be because the tube shock is much longer than the original link.

Second would be because people use much stiffer tube shocks, meaning they
transmit more force to the frame for a given wheel rate.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org