Laycock Overdrive Identification

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Laycock Overdrive Identification
From: David Welch <Publicus@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 08:12:15 -0700
I have been a lurker on the digest for a number of years in anticipation
of eventually beginning restoration of a TR3A, TR6, and TR7 that I have
collected over the years.

It is now time to start the 1970 TR6, which currently has the standard
transmission in it.  A number of years ago I acquired a disassembled
early TR6 O/D transmission for it, as well as an O/D without the
transmission.  Both of these are A-Types.

I have been able to identify one of the O/Ds as being proper for the TR6
- it has the numbers 22 / 61743 / xxxxxx on the plate and has a Stanpart
adapter plate to go with it.

The second O/D has the numbers 22 / 1374 / xxxxxx on it, and the adapter
plate, which clearly isn't for any of the TR3A - TR6 transmissions, has
YN 71 SM cast into it.

My question is, can anyone point me to where I might find out what car
the '1374' overdrive was for?  I have searched the archives and Google
and haven't turned up anything.

I am hoping that it might be useful as a spare for either the TR3A
(which has an overdrive) or the TR6.

Thanks for your help,

David Welch

===     http://www.vtr.org