RE: Preparing to Remove TR3A Head

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Preparing to Remove TR3A Head
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 09:14:15 -0500
> From Randall --

>Manifold gaskets, thermostat gaskets, and unless you have one of Justin's
>silicone ones, a rocker cover gasket.  You might get away with reusing the old
>ones, if they come off cleanly, but I'd certainly have new ones on
>hand.  If the
>engine overheated at all, you might want to have a new thermostat on
>hand, too.

Which reminds me -- I've witnessed the failure of two brand new
thermostats in newly rebuilt engines recently. On of the engines was
destroyed. Everybody using a new thermostat should drop it in a pan
of boiling water and see when it opens.

-- just another "new part" that has to be checked 100%.

===     http://www.vtr.org