Re: scam alert - I Think!

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: scam alert - I Think!
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 19:21:22 -0400
On Monday 10 October 2005 07:11 pm, Randall wrote:
> > I'm confused too.  I visit various web sites including E-Bay
> > looking at TR
> > parts.  Looked at a steering wheel.  Didn't bid, didn't inquire.  Next
> > thing, I've got an e-mail from a guy in (China, he says) that
> > he's got the
> > steering wheel and am I still interested?  Sounds like spyware to me.
>
> I don't know how it works or how to do it, but I am convinced that Internet
> Exploder will pass out your email address to any web site that knows how to
> ask for it.  I had a similar experience of receiving spam addressed to me,
> from a (non Triumph) web site that I had just visited.
>
> Randall

To everyone who uses IE, or as Randall puts it Internet Exploder.

 That piece of sw is a hack on your system just waiting to happen. Take a few
minutes and download Mozilla's Firefox browser,
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ and have a real powerfull browser,
complete with tabs and assorted goodies for free. Works for all you windoz
weinie's too.

I have heard that IE will have tabs in the future, another example of
Microsoft's ever expanding (copying) technology.

Bob Labuz

1958 TR3A
1963 TR4
1974 T140V