Re: getting touch-up paint for that "one-off" color

To: rtriplett25@yahoo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: getting touch-up paint for that "one-off" color
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 20:54:55 -0400
Richard,

I went to my local NAPA store that sells paint products.  They
"scanned" the color on the car and made up a bottle of touch up paint
and one of spray paint.  If you go this route I would suggest getting a
small bottle of touch up paint to compare to the paint on the car or
asking to test the paint to see how it matches.  After having mine
scanned I found it wasnt quite dark enough and the store tried
darkening it a couple times until it was pretty close.  Ask around at
the different parts stores if they do it.  If they dont ask the body
shops where they buy their paint.  Often they will get it from a
specific auto paint store and they might be able to provide the same
service.

Aaron

Aaron Cropley
71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)