Hood stuck on TR6 - Help!

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Hood stuck on TR6 - Help!
From: Dennis N Culligan <dncullig@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 08:17:36 +0000
Bill S. wrote:
>How many people have had problems similar to Gary's
>AFTER they've installed the emergency hood release gadget?

I've had one of the emergency latches on my TR6 for
years now and the only time I've had a problem was
when I used the original hood release latch!  Even
tho' the cable is tight, I have to pull it so far
that it pulls the emergency latch too far (I didn't
put a stop in) and it sometimes gets caught. At that
point, the latch is released so opening the hood is
not a problem - I usually notice it when I try to
close it.

Dennis Culligan / 1976 TR6 CF57948U - TR6IUMPH/ Highland, NY

===     http://www.vtr.org