RE: Hood Stuck on TR6 - HELP!

To: <GGanoung@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Hood Stuck on TR6 - HELP!
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 14:33:12 -0400
Gary:

You could try push a piece of broomstick up from under the car against the
bonnet on the alternator side if it is just lightly stuck. However, you
probably just have the bonnet stuck on the rear edge against the front deck.
My trick is to go to the front of the car and pull forward on the bonnet by
grabbing the lower edge with my hands. Due to that large lip on the bonnet you
can exert quite a force without bending or scratching anything. It usually
just frees up the streses and the bonnet pops up. You may also have to get a
friend to pound lightly on the bonnet just over the latch to shake it free if
something else is stuck. If all else completely fails then you are always able
to lie on your back under the nose of the car and undo the hinges where they
attack to the wheel arch panels. With the latch half-open you'll have the room
to lift the front of the bonnet to get at the works at the rear. Just be very
careful not to pry up excessively on the bonnet since you can deform it quite
easily.

Best of luck,

Mark
1972 TR6