re: Re: rare tube grill on eBay?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Re: rare tube grill on eBay?
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 20:35:57 EDT
Naaa, they were just the usual after-market do-dads that the hot rodder

kids liked to add.  The owners of today's surviving TRs are only

interested in original.

Cheers.

>I have to say the one photographed on the TR3 looks pretty great.

>The one on eBay could have sold for $200 considering rarity, instead of the $

>50 it went for, IMO. Maybe they were just a little 'too cool' looking for
the

>otherwise rugged looking roadster TR3s??   Carl

I'll agree - MOST want original at this point. But if I was
upgrading/modifying a TR3 I'd definitely entertain installing this Vista
Grill.. (in Dull
Chrome)
IMO the Vista grill does for the widemouth TR3s what the TR4A grill did for
the TR4 - replaces a cheap looking stamped aluminum sheet with something
substantial and sleek - looks good to me!

I think I'll send the photo to Randall - maybe he'll change his mind..

Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

===     http://www.vtr.org