Re: Battery Testing - Consumer Reports

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Battery Testing - Consumer Reports
From: Don Spence <dkspence@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 14:11:35 -0600
Not at all surprising. My friendly neighbourhood appliance repair man
always recommends buying "house brand" from the major retailers. His
experience is that , although they are built in the same plant by the
same people, they are built to a higher spec as the major retailer has
the reputation of the whole store on the line here. So a Kenmore washer
/ fridge was of a higher build quality than a Westinghouse who actually
built the Kenmore.

Anyway that was his experience.

As far as batteries go, it's what's inside that counts, not the name on
the outside. I buy mine from Rocky's Battery rebuild shop. Tell him
what you want and you'll get first quality. The used box may say Delco
or exide but the guts are new and to your spec.

Check the yellow pages and go shop visiting.

===     http://www.vtr.org