RE: clever clevis caper

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: clever clevis caper
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 21:01:34 -0700
> Looking in a recent Moss Catalog for the TR3 I find that there is a
> different part no. shown for the clevis pin shown on the clutch pedal than
> for the brake pedal (although both of the different diagrams seem to say
> they fit both pedals).

Looking at the on-line Moss catalog, I see incomplete listings, probably because
the part you need has been NLA from Moss for a long time.  There are three
distinct ranges of cars here, TR2-early TR3 (with front drum brakes) used a
plain clevis pin (no threads).  TR4/A also used a plain clevis pin (not certain
it's the same pin, but that's what Moss says).  However, TR3/A/B with front disc
brakes used a special "screw pin" with threads, Moss P/N 596-160.

Easiest solution, IMO, is to order it from Roadster Factory.  They have both P/N
57193 (which is the pushrod with clevis and pin) and P/N 57195 (which is just
the pin) listed as current.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org