Re: trany and rear axile storage,powder coating

To: rhomer@porchlight.ca, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: trany and rear axile storage,powder coating
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 18:58:33 EDT
In a message dated 10/25/2005 6:13:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rhomer@porchlight.ca writes:

Part  two, power-coating, I would welcome
opinions on on what is your best way to  paint powder coat at home ,possible
raw material supplier(s) other equip.  needed, size capablilities,do,s and do
nots ,been there experiences, thanks  in advance,Randy, 1960 tr3 not ready yet

I have the Eastwood basic powder coating kit, a used oven and an old
compressor in the basement.  Works great for gloss black powder coating of
small
parts. Of course you also need a sand blast cabinet.  Suspension  Parts?  I am
telling you instant gratification!  Nothing like  it.  Only way to go.  Bullet
proof superb finish in 1 hour or  less. Other larger parts, no way to much
hassle, send them out. I am kind  of like Henry Ford, "You can have any color
of
Model A as  you like as long as it is Black!"  I have used the system to powder
 coat parts on my 75 Wheel Horse Tractor and that is of course Wheel Horse
Red,  but that is about as far as I will go.
Cheers,
Darrell

===     http://www.vtr.org