RE: Clutch Pics

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Clutch Pics
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 09:24:29 -0700
> Then there was a soft but audible noise and a sudden loss of
> clutch operation.  Inspection discovered the problem with the clutch
> springs as posted on the triumphowners site below.

And was that the only thing you found/fixed at that point ?

It's my belief that those springs are just to soften engagement and perhaps
reduce chatter and vibration.  Some racing clutches don't have springs at all.
If clutch operation was affected beyond that, I'd guess one of the broken pieces
got jammed in where it shouldn't be and caused the problem.

> I just wish I had checked the clutch disc when I had everything apart
> the first time....sigh.

If I had a nickel ... <G>

Thanks, Aaron.
Randall