Re: GM Alternator Article

To: 75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org, 6pack@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: GM Alternator Article
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 10:13:34 -0400
Bob,

I havent tried the method I used with anything other than the bracket
that came on my car so I cant say if it would or wouldnt work mounting
it upside down on a post 1971 car.  As it turns out, I saved myself
some money and time by not having to carve up the original GM
alternator I used.  The original one I bought always made the ignition
light glow until either I blipped the throttle a little or the car
naturally revved high enough to start the alternator charging.  Then
the ammeter started intermittantly jumping all over the place while I
was driving down the road.  And finally that progressed to quitting
altogether when I was returning from a 5 hour trip.  Thankfully it quit
in the last 20 minutes as it was getting dark.  Because the alternator
was intact I could return it under warranty.

I would think that it might be possible but that if it wasnt possible
that people could buy the early lower bracket.  It should be a bolt in
replacement.  I would be curious to see if anyone has done something
similar.

Aaron

Aaron Cropley
71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)