lift a dot

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: lift a dot
From: "rgt2" <rgt2@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 10:09:38 -0700
I am getting ready to install a tonneau cover on my TR3B.  All of the lift a
dot studs are in place except for two.  On the rear, just about even with
the trunk lid hinges are two holes, about 1-1/8 inches apart.  There was
nothing mounted at this location when I purchased the car so I don't know
what should be there except for something to attach the hood stick webbing
to.
I have tried to see what should be at that location in various pictures, but
all of the pictures I can find show a tonneau cover or top without revealing
what is underneath.
In the Moss catalog there is an item, 226-630, that appears that it could be
for this purpose, but it is listed as being for a TR4.
Also when I ordered some new lift a dot studs from Moss, part 226-708, they
are longer than the originals that were on the car.  The shank between the
hex and the groove is about 60 thousands longer on the newer ones than the
originals.  It doesn't sound like much, but side by side the difference
looks huge.  Are the newer lift a dots requirring this longer length or does
it matter?

Can anyone shed light on what is needed for the lift a dot at this location
and if the longer shank length matters.

Thanks in advance

Rod Trunnell
TCF1037L