Re: TR6: aftermarket VB steering rack

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6: aftermarket VB steering rack
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 17:24:28 -0700
Greg wrote:

>The other option would be to go back to the orignal rack and get it rebuilt
>and chalk this up to learning to never do business with VB again.  I've had
>this same thing happen on so many "original" parts from them.   You should see
>the piece of crap steering U-joint they sent me when I thought I was ordering
>an original part.  Its such poor quality that I won't even use it.

The PO of my TR4 project car had two VB steering column u-joints in
baggies, among the bits he'd bought over the years. They're the wrong
size, too skinny, and though I suppose I could have adjusted the column
to compensate -- I put them back in their baggies instead.

I'm a Moss guy -- when I need advice, there's someone on the other end
of the phone line who likely drove his LBC to work. Just my experience.

Steven Newell
Littleton, CO USA
'62 TR4 x 2

===     http://www.vtr.org