What's that smell?

To: 6 Pack list <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: What's that smell?
From: Joe Merone <jmerone@rocketmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 08:15:38 -0800 (PST)
Greetings all:

Here's a new and weird one.

I've recently noticed that in the middle of long and
hard charge up steep mountain grades I get a strange
smell in the cockpit.  I'm not talking about the
occasional hill on the interstate but where you go for
an extended period in 3rd gear or so.

I thought that it might be oil finding it's way onto
the exhaust but it's a kind of a rubber meets
electrical burning thing.  It's strange and worrysome.

It goes a away quickly, so much so that by the time I
pull over and open the hood to see what's up I can't
track it down.  Tonight I'll look to see if any wires
are hitting where they aren't supposed to.  Maybe with
the angle of the climb there might be relation.  Other
than that, any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Joe Merone
CF18928