[TR] Re: Speaking of TR3 values...

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Re: Speaking of TR3 values...
From: zoboherald@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 15:25:34 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Hoyt <hoyt@cavtel.net>

   And here's a 1962 TR3B (TCF1418L) on eBay with a starting bid of
$12,000:

http://tinyurl.com/zzhq9

Looks very nice. I would think it will sell for close to $20,000.

==AM==
Not bad. Personally, though, I'd be wanting a much more original (or
restored to original) car for that kind of money. Seats don't seem
quite right, and I've never seen nor heard of a TR3B with Strombergs;
in fact, I'm concerned it might not have a "proper" TCF engine at all.
As others have mentioned or hinted at, the only thing that really makes
a TR3B "special" in terms of value (IMO) is a matching-numbers car.
Otherwise, it's just a nice late TR3[A]! :-)

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>

===     http://www.vtr.org