Re: [TR] Re: Speaking of TR3 values...

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Re: Speaking of TR3 values...
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 21:52:33 EST
In a message dated 3/14/2006 9:10:06 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jar@aldermanroad.net writes:

>>the only thing that really makes
>>a TR3B "special"  in terms of value (IMO) is a matching-numbers car.
>>Otherwise, it's  just a nice late TR3[A]! :-)
>>

>Yeah, but with rack & pinion steering!

I do not believe that the 3B came with a rack and pinion, only  with the
-4 series engine and transmission, i.e., full synchro trans and  86mm
pistons and sleeves.  Otherwise, it's a  TR-3A.

==AM==
Irv, maybe you were thinking of the ultra-rare (2 built, as I recall) TR3
"Beta" cars...essentially TR3 body shells with widened fenders dropped onto the

TR4 chassis.

I came close to building a "replica" of one of those years ago --  had all
the bits, so no "living" Triumphs would have died  -- until life got in the
way.
Maybe NEXT lifetime....

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with   wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and
Triumph Herald Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)

===     http://www.vtr.org