RE: [TR] TR3A Manifold removal

To: "Triumph TR2" <triumphtr2@direcway.com>,
Subject: RE: [TR] TR3A Manifold removal
From: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 17:44:28 -0500
Cameron,
Did you remove the two bolts on the bottom of the intake manifold?  They
hold the intake to the exhaust manifold.  Make sure you got all of the
exhaust manifold bolts too.  There are a couple that are easy to miss.  I've
never had one frozen onto the head once all of the bolts were removed.

I don't think it makes any difference how you take them apart.  As for
re-installing, I found it much easier to put them on separately, attach all
of the bolts and nuts to the head then putting the bottom two bolts from the
exhaust manifold to the intake in last.  That way I was sure that the seal
between the manifolds and the head were good.

As for the paint, there have been many suggestions on the list.  I used some
high temp paint that had high reviews but it did peel after a few years.
But then I just wire brushed prior to painting and didn't sand blast.
Good luck!
Pete