Re: [TR] TR3A Manifold removal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A Manifold removal
From: Triumph TR2 <triumphtr2@direcway.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 19:54:52 -0500
Thanks for the responses - As suggested, I had missed one of the lower
clamps. The back one and its stud are missing completely. The PO had left
out the studs connecting the intake and exhaust, so confirms Randall's "no
apparent ill effects" in leaving them out. Now I don't feel so bad when I
have parts left over - turns out they're unneccesary anyways!

Once I found the front lower stud and large clamp and removed it, some
wiggling  and mild persuasion managed got the intake and the exhaust free
and the carbs and intake are on their way to Paltech, thanks to great
endorsements. In comparison, the rest of the car will look even shabbier
when I get them back. I wonder what it would cost to have Jeff rebuild and
micropolish the whole thing?