RE: [TR] TR3 Turn Signal Wiring

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] TR3 Turn Signal Wiring
From: mrv8q@netscape.net
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 15:33:23 -0500
"Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net> wrote:

>As many times as I've had the apron off, I've still never come up with a
>better method than just buzzing out the control head every time.   The color
>codes are invisible on my car and labels tend to fall off, even if I don't
>have to pull the control head (labels of course won't fit through the stator
>tube).
>
>Turn the lever to the left, find which two wires have continuity.
>Turn it to the right, find which two wires have continuity.
>The common wire then goes to the green/brown harness wire (which will have a
>single connector if you're working on a LHS car).
>The wire with continuity only with the lever on the left goes to green/red
>(double connector with 3 other wires on LHS).
>The wire with continuity only with the lever on the right goes to
>green/white (double connector with 2 other wires on LHS).
>The leftover wire goes to brown/black (double connector with 2 other wires
>on LHS).

Thanks, Randall, with your help, and further perusal of the wiring diagram,
everything's working. But here's the wierd thing: while I was looking around, I
decided to clean the contacts on the license plate bulb holder, which made it
work also, and voila, I had complete working lights. Before cleaning, and with
the same wiring, the driver's side turns signal worked fine, but the
passenger's would "click" once from the flasher, the front light wouldn't
flash, and the rear would flash twice as fast, but no clicking from the flasher
unit itself. Once I cleaned the contacts, and freshened the orange wire on the
license bulb holder, everything works, for the first time in about 9 months...
Go figure.

Anyway, my thanks for getting me started on the right wiring path, and now it's
time for a drive!

Best, Kevin Browne
'59TR3A #58370

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.