RE: [TR] TR3 Turn Signal Wiring

To: mrv8q@netscape.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] TR3 Turn Signal Wiring
From: tr3driver@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 05:33:36 +0000
> Once I cleaned the contacts, and freshened the orange wire on the license
>bulb
> holder, everything works, for the first time in about 9 months... Go figure.

Just remember that things that fix themselves, also break themselves !  That
particular bug will be back, and then you can fix the bad ground at the front
turn signal.  Most flashers are designed to flash at different rates with
different loads, so you know when you've got a bulb out.

FWIW, I found it worthwhile to add separate ground connections for all the rear
lights.  The terminals were inside the lamp holders, but apparently the factory
just grounded them by the mounting screws.  I made up a black wire with taps
for each lamp, and ran it up to one of the gas tank mounting bolts with a
"internal star" lockwasher.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org