RE: [TR] TR6: new steering is very tight and hard to turn

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] TR6: new steering is very tight and hard to turn
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 11:29:45 -0800
>   I  went back and test fit the old trunnion from that side onto the
> vertical link just to verify that it wasn't the threads.  The old
> trunnion screwed on easily.

Just a side comment, that doesn't necessarily prove the trunnion was the
problem.  If the threads on the link are distorted, but the old trunnion is
worn, it may go on easily in spite of the distortion.  The new trunnion may
in fact be correct but be binding on the distorted area of the threads.

I've not seen this with vertical links, but I have definitely seen it with
other threads, TRactor motor head studs in particular.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org